How you start your day is important. What you do, see, feel, hear, smell, or taste first thing in the morning sets the tone for the rest of the day. Sometimes it can be hard to find the motivation to get out of that warm bed in the morning, especially during the winter time when those blankets feel extra cozy and the house feels extra chilly.
It's important to make a conscious decision about how you are going to start each day. You can choose to fill your morning with happy, positive thoughts and rituals. There are little things that you can do in the early hours, when you are fresh out of dream-land and your mind is a clean slate. Here are a few ways to make waking up a little easier:
1. Try making one of your favorite songs your alarm. Waking up to something that makes you happy will get your morning off to a great start.
2. Instead of jumping on facebook first thing in the morning, try meditating on everything that you have to be thankful for. Focusing on the positive things in your life is a great habit to get into. Look for the good in the day ahead.
3. Prepare for your day the night before. Pack your lunch, get your clothes all laid out, and make sure you have all the ingredients ready for a good breakfast. Prepping the night before will save you from unnecessary stress in the morning.
4. Coffee. Just knowing there is hot coffee waiting for you is good motivation to slip out of that warm bed.
And my last bit of advice...
5. Try very hard, whenever possible, to wake up in the mountains...preferably in time to watch the sunrise. With coffee.