Here are just a few tips I've picked up for maintaining clear, healthy, glowing skin!
1. Eat clean. A diet full of whole, unprocessed foods will do wonders for your skin by eliminating chemicals and other nasty things. Nourishing your body with fruits, veggies, and clean, whole foods will leave your skin glowing in no time!
2. Sweat it out. Exercise will not only make you healthier overall, but it will leave your skin looking better too! Try kick-starting your day with a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) work out, followed by a veggie, fruit, and protein packed smoothie, and people will be clamoring to know your secret for that beautiful glow!
3. Treat Yo Self. If you can, treat your skin to a relaxing and rejuvenating facial. Not only is it important to pamper yourself from time to time, but facials are so good for the health of your skin. They help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone, and blemishes.
4. Drink up! This is something of a no brainer in this day and age, but, in case you need a friendly reminder, DRINK MORE WATER. Try to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water every day, as a general rule of thumb. For example, if you weigh 150lbs, try to drink 75oz of water each day. Staying hydrated is the BEST way to keep your skin clear and beautiful, and to get that coveted dewey glow!
5. What goes on goes in. Your skin is an organ...did you know that? It's a big organ. And it absorbs whatever you put on it. That means that every lotion that you apply, every bit of makeup, every facial cleanser or mask... everything gets absorbed into your body through your skin. Including all of the chemicals in them. These chemicals can lead to allergic reactions, breakouts, dryness, etc... So, a good thing to try is to use natural skin products whenever possible, and be sure to remove all makeup before you go to bed at night to give your skin time to breathe and regenerate itself. I will post some of my favorite skin care products soon, so keep checking back!
What are some of YOUR favorite tips to get beautiful skin? Share in the comments below!