What are you to do when tropical vibes are desired, but jetting off to an island isn't on the weekend agenda? Bring the vibes to you, of course! Here are a few ways to satisfy those tropical, beachy cravings, and tie you over for the time being!
1. Throw on a tropical print! Wearing a tropical print is an instant way to infuse a beachy island vibe into your day!
2. Slather on some coconut oil. Coconut oil is not only really great for your skin, but it smells like a tropical dream. Smell like a coconut, have silky soft glowing skin, feel like you're on an island... win win win.
3. Paint your nails a bright, exotic color. Or, if you're feeling REALLY creative (and you have a steady hand) you can try out one of Goldfish Kiss's fun tropical prints! Get the DIY on her blog, here!
4. Make a sea salt hair spray and rock some mermaid hair! Try this DIY Mermaid Hair Spray recipe:
- 1 tbs sea salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of conditioner (I like Suave's Tropical Coconut conditioner for the yummy tropical scent)
- 1 clean spray bottle
Mix all ingredients together in the spray bottle. Spray a fine amount all over hair and style as desired. Scrunch your hair up with your hands for some messy beach hair, or add in some loose waves with a curling iron. You can also braid your hair and then take it out after a few hours for some kinky, beach waves.
5. Fake a tropical glow. Spend some time exfoliating and then apply a self-tanner. Instant beachy-glow, minus the sun damage. My current favorite brand can be found at Target!
6. Crank some island music. A little reggae can instantly transport you to an island the middle of a turquoise sea, lounging beneath a palm tree.
7. Make a 'Beachy' Pinterest dream board. Pin your little heart out and make a board dedicated to all things beachy and tropical. Dream away, beach babe! Check out my beachy Pinterest dream board here!