It’s the weekend! You made it through another week and you are probably so ready to kick back and relax and have some fun . But, besides just being an excellent and well-deserved time to decompress and enjoy yourself, weekends are also a GREAT time to plan ahead and prepare for a successful upcoming week. Here are some ways that you can set yourself up for a great week!
- Meal Prep. Plan out your meals for the upcoming week and then head to the market. Preparing for your meals ahead of time will save you stress during the week. Instead of coming home after a long day at the office and having to scrounge together something for dinner, you can have all of the ingredients ready to go! You can also prepare food ahead of time and store it in your fridge. This works especially well for lunches and healthy snacks that are easy to grab on your way out the door. Planning out your meals ahead of time and preparing healthy options is also a great way to avoid unhealthy food choices throughout the week!
- Set Goals. Spend some quality time thinking about your goals for the upcoming week. Do you have a big project that you want to finish up? Are you reading a book that you are wanting to finish? Do you have an area of your home that you’ve been meaning to organize? Have you been meaning to organize your inbox? Identify a few of your top goals for the week and write them down somewhere you will see them often throughout the week.
- Clean. A clean space can do wonders for the mind. Take some time this weekend to clean up your home. Put away laundry, wipe down the kitchen counters, dust, vacuum, organize your coffee table… put things in their place. You will feel so much better and more at peace. Starting your week off with a clean house will eliminate some stress and will allow you to focus your attention elsewhere.
- Eliminate Excess. This goes along with number 3, but take some time to go through your home and get rid of things that you no longer use or that no longer bring you joy. (I’m a HUGE fan of the book ‘The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up’ - if you haven’t read it, I HIGHLY recommend it!!) Go through your closet and get rid of items of clothing that you haven’t worn in awhile. Get rid of some shoes that are out of style or scuffed. Clean out the pantry and throw away old food and junk food. Go through your junk pile. Get rid of stuff!
- Plan. Review your schedule for the upcoming week and plan out your days accordingly. Write down important deadlines and events. Set aside some time throughout the week to spend with loved ones and also to spend on yourself, whether it’s getting a manicure, going to the gym, taking a bath, or going out to dinner. Allow for some fun and relaxation during your week! I've talked about it before, but I am so in love with my Day Designer! It helps you to design your days, weeks, and months out in a beautiful, efficient, clear way. It also has a different encouraging and inspiring quote on every page, AND a box on each page to write down the things that you are grateful for. I highly recommend this planner!
- Relax. And lastly, this weekend, relax. That’s what weekends are all about after all! Give yourself a facial, get a massage, cook a nice meal to enjoy with loved ones or friends, read, meditate, go to a yoga class, take a bath, take a nap, and just take care of yourself. Allow yourself to decompress and relax and you’ll feel refreshed and ready to take on whatever the week throws your way, come Monday morning!
What are your tips for preparing for the week ahead? Share in the comments below!