I hope you all had the BEST Thanksgiving yesterday!!
We hosted my parents, my uncle, and his girlfriend and it was such a fun, cozy get together! But I'll be honest - hosting STRESSES ME OUT. haha I just get SO incredibly anxious about whether or not everyone is enjoying themselves and has what they need, and it's just too much social sensory overload and I just was EXHAUSTED by the end of the night haha...and that was a pretty small group of my CLOSEST family!! Geez louise!
Tomorrow we are hosting Ben's dad's side of the family, so this introvert has been resting up today, recharging in preparation of Thanksgiving Round TWO! :p
I asked you guys in a poll on Instagram if you would be interested in seeing my Thanksgiving tablescape and you voted an overwhelming YES, so today I'm sharing pictures of my tablescape. I'm pretty happy with how it all came together!
I made the centerpiece, and I honestly feel so crafty now, haha. I carved a Cinderella pumpkin, put some of the floral foam in it and stuck flowers in it and voila! Autumnal floral centerpiece win! Super easy and a really pretty touch! :)
My heart was set on a eucalyptus garland for the table and my mom searched high and low and found one the day before Thanksgiving!! *Thanks mom!* Click here for a similar one!
The table cloth that we used was my Grammy's, so that was really special! I love the burnt orange color of it - so Fall-ish! I kept the rest simple with white plates and napkins. I added place cards from Papyrus, and two white candlesticks to finish off the look. I love these candlesticks (click here) - they are so elegant and classic AND they are on sale for $8!!
I will wrap up this post with sharing a few things that I am feeling sososo thankful for:
- My husband. Ben is the most caring, selfless, patient, loving, hard-working, funniest person and I thank God every single day for blessing me with such an incredible man to spend my life with.
- James Henry. There are no words. This little boy has changed me in practically every way. He has completely turned what I *thought* I knew about love upside down and has made my life so brilliantly beautiful it hurts.
- My health and the health of my loved ones. Health is something that is so easy to take for granted. I am so thankful for a healthy, whole, fully-functioning body and mind, and that my loved ones have their health as well.
- My home. This is our first holiday season in our beautiful new home, and I feel so blessed that we get to live HERE, in this amazing house that Ben has worked so hard for.
- Getting to be a stay-at-home-mom. I nearly cry when I think about how blessed I am to be able to stay at home with my baby boy and watch him grow and learn. Our days together are so precious and I am absolutely soaking in and cherishing every single minute.
- Ben's job that provides so well for our family. He is such a hard worker and incredible provider for our family.
- Gunner...sweet sweet loyal little Gunner. He brings so much joy and gentle companionship to our lives.
- My parents. They are the best. That's all there is to it. They get me and love me and support me no matter what, flaws, and quirks and all, through the ups and the downs.
- My extended family, for loving me. Being loved is a beautiful, special, precious thing. I don't take for granted those who love me. Family is so dear and special and I am so so thankful for everyone in mine.
- Our country. I feel incredibly thankful to live in such a beautiful, safe country where I am free and where I can pursue my dreams and explore and learn and strive for the highest of goals. We are so blessed to live in the United States of America. I'm thankful that my son gets to grow up in this place.
What are you feeling thankful for?