I thought I'd just share a little life update in the form of 10 random things!
- James has started becoming really attached to certain toys and it is the cutest. In particular, he loves his stuffed animal raccoon. He'll bring it to the kitchen table and use his little kitchen set to make meals for the raccoon, complete with plate, cup, silverware, etc... It's the sweetest thing!
- Ben started an MBA program this past spring and I am so proud of him! He is working full-time at Amazon still (more than full-time, actually) as well as doing full time graduate school. Plus we're having a new baby soon... I keep joking that this will be the year Ben has a breakdown. haha But really, he is amazing. We are so blessed to have him as the head of our family.
- I started a garden! I know I mentioned it before, but it has truly become a hobby that I love. I plan on doing a whole blog post about starting a garden soon, so let me know if you have any questions. I'm CERTAINLY no expert, haha. But I can share MY experience with getting started and why I love it so much.
- Ben and I both turn 30 years old soon!! Ben's birthday is next week and mine is end of September. It feels so weird, but I am also really excited. There is just something about the idea of being in my thirties that is appealing! Just seems so grown up and settled and like no pressure or...I don't know how to describe it. Do you know what I mean? We'll also be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary next week!!
- James started doing the cutest thing. He goes "WOOOOOOOOWWWW!" haha Today I was watering the plants and when the water would spray funny or blow in the wind James would smile big and go "wwoooooowwwwwww1" and just get this big wide-eyed look on his face. He is the very best.
- Ben and I feel bad for Gunner (our dog) because before we had James, Gunner was our baby. We did EVERYTHING with Gunner. We took him on hikes and backpacking trips. We snuggled all the time. I took Gunner on two long walks a day. Now, he definitely does not get as much attention. It makes me so sad to think about, but it's really hard to give the same kind of attention to a pet once a child comes around. Ben and I are planning a "Gunner Day" for Gunner's 10th birthday in August. We're going to have my mom watch James for the day and take Gunner for a hike and buy him a cheeseburger and spoil him rotten with attention. :) Because soon, there will be ANOTHER baby...sorry Gunner! haha
- I was in need of a new water bottle, and Ben got me THIS ONE (click here) and I am OBSESSED! It keeps my water cold for hours...like, even keeps icecubes in it for a really really long time. I drink so much more water now that I have it! Plus it is the PRETTIEST seafoam color. I highly recommend it. I want the bigger version now, in pink!
- We've almost lived in our new house for a year! I can't believe it! I love this house so much!
- James' second birthday party is in less than two weeks (as is his second birthday). It's going to be a construction zone themed party and he is already getting so excited for it! He carries around one of his invitations and asks me to read it to him and walks around wearing one of the construction hats that we have for party favors. haha I can't wait for him to have a special day celebrating what a wonderful boy he is! I'll do a blog post about the party and all the decorations!
- Ben and I have been binge watching The Sapranos. Neither of us had seen it yet, and we are hooked!! It's so good. Have you seen it? What are some other good shows that we should watch next?
Have a great night, friends!