I've finally figured out a great schedule for cleaning my house...I feel so grown up! haha I used to struggle so much with keeping things clean and with knowing what exactly TO clean. I mean, there were so many things that I didn't even think about ... like for some reason, cleaning toilets and stoves and washing windows and wiping down the microwave and oven...these things didn't even occur to me.
So, coming up with an organized method for cleaning certain things around the house has made a huge difference and has really helped to keep me on track. I've watched a lot of cleaning YouTube videos (yes they are a thing and they are strangely addicting and fun to watch!) and I've learned HOW to clean as well as WHAT to clean.
A lot of you requested this post, and I'm finally getting it all put together for you! Below is a sample of what my cleaning schedule looks like:
- Take out trash
- Spray down shower with this cleaner (click here for cleaner)
- Wipe down the counters and kitchen table
- Unload/load the dishwasher
- Clean up toys several times throughout the day to keep a handle on it
- Make bed
- Organize papers/mail/etc...
- Clean stove
- Vacuum (usually do this a couple of times a week)
- Wash sheets
- Dust and wipe down surfaces with Mrs. Meyer's Multi-surface Everyday Cleaner (click here for the cleaner)
- Clean toilets
- Clean kitchen sink
- Clean out fridge
- Clean windows
- Wipe down mirrors
- Clean bathroom sinks
- Wipe down appliances
- Wipe down light switches, door knobs, walls, etc...
- Wipe down kitchen cabinets
- Clean the inside of the microwave
- Wipe down inside of cabinets
- Sort through clothes, toys, books and set aside for goodwill
- Clean inside of fridge and freezer
- Organize the pantry
- Clean coffee maker