At almost 36 weeks pregnant with baby number two, I finally have my and my baby's hospital bags packed! I definitely am doing things a little bit differently this time around than I did with my first pregnancy. I learned a lot about what I do and do not need to bring with me to the hospital.
First up, I'll just start with everything I'm bringing for ME:
- Hospital gown: I bring my own hospital gown with me. I did this when I gave birth to James too, and I was so happy I did! I know it's extra and not everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine! But, for those of you who are like me, having my own cute hospital gown made me feel a lot prettier and more put together during the entire experience. :) I got mine from here (click for hospital gowns)
- Labor socks: I got these to wear while giving birth so that I don't have to wear the big, thin, hospital ones. These are way more comfortable, and way cuter. :) Click here for the labor socks
- Nursing nightgown with matching baby outfit: For after I give birth in the hospital, matching outfits for me and the baby...so cute! I'm all about matching with my babies!! Click here for matching sets
- Pretty robe: I LOVE all of the beautiful robes from PinkBlush! They have the best robes and they are really affordable. Click here to browse their robe selection
- Flip flops: for in the shower/around the hospital room
- Toiletries: hairbrush, makeup remover wipes, contact solution/case, extra contact lenses, glasses, body wash, mouth wash, deodorant, tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo and conditioner, hair ties, lotion, dry shampoo (I got all travel-sized products for my hospital bag)
- Makeup bag
- Tucks pads: Trust me. You'll want these.
- Extra nursing night gown
- Pajamas: These are the most COMFORTABLE pajamas ever AND they are on major sale right now!! Click here to get them, you need them in your life!!
- Granny panties: haha Definitely bringing a giant pair of comfy granny panties!
- Pads: The jumbo ones like these.
- Cell phone charger
I'm pretty sure that's all I'm bringing with me!
Now on to what I'm bringing for my baby:
- Four outfits (including the one that matches my nightgown that I talked about above)
- Sleep sacks: These are my number one MUST HAVE. Seriously, they were a game changer once we started using them for James, so I'm definitely bringing a couple of them to the hospital to start using with this baby right away! Click here for the sleep sacks
- Mittens: For his little hands so he doesn't scratch himself. Click here for mittens
Let me know what your MUST-HAVES are/were for YOUR hospital bag! I definitely don't want to forget anything important, but I'm also trying to not pack too much because last time I didn't use half of what I brought with me!
Also, head on over to my Instagram stories (@annamcohenblog) for a closer look at everything I packed!