No pretty pictures here because I just decided to throw this recipe up real quick! James is playing SO independently this morning, so I'm taking advantage! I whipped up my favorite smoothie, snapped a quick picture, and here you go!
I love this smoothie because it is full of healthy fats and protein, which keeps you full for a LOOOONG time. It helps to regulate your blood sugar so you don't crash and get starving again in an hour. It's the best! I also love it's thick, creamy texture.
- half of a sliced up frozen banana
- around 3/4 cups of almond milk
- one spoonful of peanut butter (you could also use almond butter)
- one spoonful of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of oats
- a pinch of flax seed
- a pinch of chia seeds
- a scoop of vanilla protein powder (could also use chocolate! I use this protein powder: click here)
I don't honestly measure any of the ingredients precisely. I just eyeball it, so don't stress too much. Just do what looks/sounds good to you. But it's seriously so yummy and really keeps you feeling full a long time. Plus, it's super healthy and good for you! Win!