Well, today starts the beginning of the LAST year of my twenties! So strange! My twenties have been amazing...so much has happened, I've achieved so many things, I've learned SO much... and honestly, I'm looking forward to turning 30 next year! I think being in my thirties is going to be really fun!
But, I definitely plan on enjoying this last year of my twenties to the fullest, because each year it becomes more abundantly clear to me that time never slows down and you can't ever go back. Living in the moment and truly cherishing and embracing where you are at right now is so important. Especially since becoming a mom, I have come to know this with the utmost clarity, and it is both a beautiful and sobering realization.
Today, I wanted to share real quick 29 things that I've come to know, think, or question in my 29 years of life!
- Family is REALLY all that matters.
- Time is so fleeting.
- NOTHING is a given in life.
- Humility, kindness, and patience are qualities that I think make a person the very most beautiful.
- Daily exercise is so important for both physical and mental well-being.
- Marriage to your best friend is the best thing in the world...along with being a mom!
- People always say that being a parent is the best, but you HONESTLY don't understand this until you have a child of your own. You just can't possibly understand the bond and love and incredible fear and hope that comes along with being a parent. It's breathtaking and magical and incredible.
- In the end, NOTHING matters...not things, not money, not social status...JUST love and family.
- Traveling outside of the country is one of the best things you can ever do for yourself.
- You are NEVER wasting time when you are reading.
- Your skin, hair, body...everything starts to change as you get older, when you get pregnant, as you go through different experiences. It serves a person well to embrace these changes rather than wrestle with them. Because wrinkles, stretch marks, scars...they all are signs of a life truly LIVED.
- If you want something badly enough, you owe it to yourself to at least give it a try.
- I'm an introvert. And I like it.
- The more sleep the better...but nothing beats an early morning when the world is quiet and still.
- Being in the backcountry away from it all is good for the soul.
- I'm getting more and more interested in makeup as I get older, and I'm having so much fun trying out new products and techniques...I always bought drugstore makeup until recently. But the nice stuff really DOES make a difference!
- Don't be so hard on yourself. Have high standards for yourself, push yourself, always strive to do better...but don't punish yourself. Be kind and loving. Appreciate all that your body, your mind, your heart do for you every single day.
- Laugh more.
- Get outside every single possible chance you have.
- Eliminate toxic relationships from your life.
- Hold on dearly and fight for all of the GOOD and precious relationships in your life.
- My number one piece of marriage advice: Always seek out the BEST in your partner. You find what you look for. Look for the good, the beautiful, the pure in your loved one.
- Always be true to yourself.
- Say 'no' more.
- Say 'yes' more.
- Create something you're proud of.
- Discern truth for yourself. Look beyond what you've always known, what you've always been told...figure out what YOU believe, what YOU agree with, what you DON'T agree with, what is worth fighting for to YOU, what YOU want to change.
- Better to be quiet than to talk about things you don't know anything about.
- Spend less time staring at your phone or other electronics, and more time being present with loved ones, watching a sunset, reading a book, meditating, drawing, creating, LIVING.
Those are just the top 29 random things that came to mind as I started typing...sorry if they are super random! haha But anyways, I've learned a lot and I know I have a lot MORE to learn too.